Under the artistic direction of director / producer / choreographer David Parsons, Parsons Dance is one of America's most successful and longest established contemporary dance companies.
Parsons Dance seeks a dynamic, energetic, nonprofit professional with a background in arts administration to serve full-time in the salaried position of Administrator. The position reports to the General Manager and liaises with the dancers, booking agent, Board of Directors, individual and institutional donors, media and industry professionals, and others. The work of the Parsons Dance Office Manager encompasses every aspect of the organization, including artistic, educational, administrative, as well as website and social networks functions. It is a fantastic opportunity for a smart energetic arts administrator to gain hands on experience in the dance world. A lot of opportunity for the position to grow.
We are looking for candidates with an undergraduate degree in a related field, and 3+ years of professional experience. Major responsibilities include:
- Day to day office work including answering phones, handling mail, stocking supplies, scheduling meetings, taking charge of mailings, ship packages, scanning, filing, overall office cleanliness and maintenance
- Maintain and implement organizational office systems including hard filing systems, digital databases, and shared drive
- Maintain and distribute institutional calendar and google calendar
- Administrative support to NY programs including booking rehearsal space, setting up auditions, Summer intensive organization, registration, scheduling, sponsorships, etc.
- Receiving and paying bills
- Help support grant proposals by pulling appropriate support materials and meet appropriate deadlines.
- Hiring and managing interns
- Coordinating all insurance including health, workers comp complaints, and COI requests
-Undergraduate degree and 3+ years professional experience or the equivalent.
-Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of all aspects of nonprofit management including special events management and building relationships.
-Knowledge of Filemaker, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps and AdWords, Photoshop, and social media platforms
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Adaptability, flexibility, creativity, a cooperative spirit and a sense of humor are invaluable to success in the dynamic, energetic and highly spirited office environment of Parsons Dance.
Immediate opportunity; position is open until filled. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Parsons Dance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience, full health benefits after 60 days.
229 West 42nd Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY, 10036